- The CEC appreciates the determination of the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi to find an honourable solution to the Naga political problem and also the efforts of the negotiating parties to bring a permanent solution to the protracted problem. At the same time, the CEC reiterates the stand of the NPF party that the solution being worked out should be inclusive of all stakeholders.
- The CEC is concerned with the glaring fact that the Naga people did not agitate when the Governor of Nagaland PB Acharya watched the desecration of the Constitution of India by the Speaker of Nagaland Legislative Assembly and installation of the undemocratic Government headed by TR Zeliang, and is worried that this could be an indication that the Nagas are not satisfied with the present arrangement and provisions of the Constitution of India.
- Considering that there is an illegal group of people masquerading as NPF with their hangout located at a luxury hotel in Bayavu, Kohima, holding unauthorized CEC meetings and calling for unconstitutional General Convention of the NPF, the CEC condemns these imposters and urges the Election Commission of India not to take cognizance of such charades meant to usurp Constitutional and legal organization of the Naga People’s Front headed by Dr Shurhozelie Liezietsu. At the same time, the CEC condemns the illegal meeting held at Hotel Legacy on August 22, 2017, called by these imposters who are already suspended and expelled from the NPF party.
- The CEC denounces the action of the Lok Sabha MP Neiphiu Rio who had already formed his own political party Democratic Progressive Party but is also posing as the illegal and unheard of Interim President of the dissident NPF group and calls upon the Naga people to see through the joke being played on the public by this charlatan.
- Resolved to fight the legal battles in the Courts of law instead of resorting to other democratic means of protest against the various blatant illegalities perpetrated by power mongers to stick to seats of power for their dubious intention of looting the public, and calls on the people to realise who is against corruption and who are furthering it.
- As is evident by today’s meeting of the CEC which was called at such a short notice, majority of the CEC members, COBs and Division Units are intact and united behind the party under President of Dr Shurhozelie Liezietsu. Therefore, it is the fervent appeal of the CEC to all active and primary members of the NPF to stand steadfast behind the party and not to embark on any political misadventure.
- The CEC vehemently condemns the activities of unidentified elements out to create mischief in the State capital such as firing at Hotel Vivor and threatening Government officials by entering into their residences. Violence should not be resorted to by anyone, nor should anyone take the law into their own hands. The CEC extends sympathies to the family members affected by these unruly elements and appeal to all to abide by the laws of the land.
- Pusazo Luruo : Convenor
- Renbemo Kikon : Member
- Hotoshe : Member
- Sebastian Zumvu : Member Secretary
Media & Press Bureau
NPF, Central Headquarter, Kohima.